The machine is an 18-spool Niehaus planetary strander with two cages of 6 and 12 payoffs each. Leoni elocab GmbH had previously updated various areas of the machine, and in particular equipped it with a modern control system. The machine is used for the production of highly flexible special cables, some of them of small production lots (from 100m in length).
«<<< Klaus Falkenberg: "…the project went to our entire satisfaction...the cooperation with Baremo as well as FMS was target-oriented and professional...we are very satisfied with the results and the set goals of the project have been achieved…" >>>»
As a part of the upgrade project, an RTM X42 telemetry system for continuous wire tension measurement and control was installed to the machine.
- Basic module: Measurement of the wire tension of up to 42 individual wires.
- Control Center: Display, monitoring of limit values, recipe management, quality protocols.
- Brake Control: Continuous, fully automatic wire tension control.
The RTM X42 telemetry system ensured that the objectives of the upgrade were fully achieved:
- Increased plant productivity and process reliability through continuous production without manual intervention in the control of the strand tension
- Efficient measuring and control system for very small wire tensions in the range from 2N to 20N
- Recipe management for reduced set-up times
- Measurement data acquisition for quality data acquisition and control
- Increased machine safety by monitoring the cradle locks on all cradles
- Simple operation for machine operators and auxiliary staff