Are you looking for a force sensor, also known as force transducers or load cells, with a long service life that is maintenance-free? Should it be suitable for your installation and application situation? Does it need to have the highest sensitivity for precise measurements? Then a force sensor from FMS, for your demanding applications, is the right product for you.
- Reliable, proven technology
- Precise measurement results
- For every installation and application situation
- Options for the most demanding applications
- Strain gauge in full-bridge circuit to compensate for temperature influences
- Measuring body and housing made of stainless steel or high-strength aluminum, mechanical overload protection, robust with high repeatability
- Different series, sizes and nominal forces for a wide range of web tensions
- For elevated temperatures, aggressive environments, special installation conditions, vacuum applications
- Highest precision above the market standard
- High reliability and long service life
- Only supplier of double range measuring bearing
- Wide range of constructive solutions
- 100% compatible
- Custom-made products possible
FMS has been producing force sensors for the industry for more than 25 years. FMS has succeeded in creating a unique portfolio with innovative developments. Due to their long service life and their sophisticated design, they have a become a reputable product.
Due to continuous improvements and continuous maintenance and extension of their portfolio, FMS force sensors offer maximum performance and efficiency for end customers as well as for OEMs.
The proven principles of the FMS design such as double bending beams and the use of strain gauges (SG) in full-bridge circuits and the integrated overload protection help us to always meet the expected requirements.
Our force sensors are supplied with a highly stable voltage (typically 5 VDC) from the measuring amplifier. When the force sensor is loaded, the strain gauges are compressed or stretched. This change in length causes a change in the resistance value of the full bridge circuit. The output signal (in the mV range) of the force sensor goes back to the amplifier. There, this change is registered and further processed so that the user can read a force value at the end. The great advantage of the strain gauge full bridge circuit is its simple and robust design. Temperature changes of the environment are almost completely compensated by this arrangement. The integrated, mechanical overload protection prevents damage to the force transducer, even in the case of unforeseeable overloads, thus contributing to longevity and precise measurement results. All products in the FMS web tension measurement range can be freely combined with each other, allowing you to put together the best possible solution for your application.